Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Downtown Dogs of Frederick - Presented by Little Pink Toes Pet Photography supports Lab Rescue Dog Walk!

Being an avid traveler and supporter of animals, occasionally I will have the opportunity to share dogs from other cities.  So here's a post about a great doggie day, even though it took place in Annapolis instead of Frederick.  Hope you enjoy!  What a great time I had on Saturday, June 14 the at the Lab Rescue Dog Walk fundraiser which was held at the Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis, Maryland.  There were loads and loads of labs and their humans there for the annual walk.  $109,000+ was raised for this wonderful rescue group who helps labs in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC!  Last year they helped 1008 labs to find new, furrever homes!  Yes, you read correctly...One-thousand and eight labs! And what a beautiful day for a walk in the park.  It was in the low 80's with very low humidity and a wonderful breeze.  Even with the great weather, my water bowl and shade tent was a big hit with the older labs.  There was so much excitement and so my labs to sniff and get to know, that there were lots of pooped labs by the end of the afternoon!   I had a vendor booth to showcase my Little Pink Toes Pet Photography business as a sponsor for the walk and help raise funds for the labs.  I didn't reached my fundraising goal, but I did make a contribution  and look forward trying to reach my goal next year.  Thank you to my friends who generously donated to this wonderful dog rescue!  Here are a few of the beautiful Labradors that came my way during the walk.  

First up is Miss Roxie.  She is a sweet lady of 12 and was the first to savor the shade of my tent after the walk.  Who can resist her beautiful face!  She brought her human Cindy Breese and her brother - see him next - for a fun afternoon in the park.  Thanks for posing so pretty Miss Roxie!  Smooch!



Miss Roxie (12)

Miss Roxie



As I said, Miss Roxie has a brother.  He is one and his name is Gnarly - or Sir Gnarls Barkley to the ones who know him best!  Check out his bad self!



Sir Gnarls Barkley!


A very nice human named Elizabeth was accompanying Mr. Seymour (11) that afternoon.  This gentleman was absolutely pooped!  We thought we might have to help Elizabeth carry him to his car!  After a little rest and some water, he was able to make the dash to the car with his mom.  Love you Mr. Seymour!




Mr. Seymour getting his head rubbed by Husband.

Mr. Seymour getting refreshed.


Miss Amber came along and stayed for a while.  She is a beautiful lady of 12!  She brought her human Sandie along for the dog walk.  We don't think Miss Amber looks 12 at all!  So ladylike and pretty!  Thanks for stopping by Miss Amber!



Miss Amber



As you know, this was a fundraiser for Labradors.  However, I met a dog who isn't a lab that I just had to show you.  Say hello to Miss Kelsy!  What a character she is!  I was initially caught by her beautiful blue eyes!  But the personality of this dog was what really grabbed me!  Miss Kelsy is an Australian Shepard and is shhhhhhhh...a lady of a certain age......12.  She wants to be - and certainly is - the center of attention.  She has a lot to say and makes sure you are paying attention!  So without further ado, I give you Miss Kelsy!  Bow down minions!




Her Highness, Miss Kelsy!
Miss Kelsey!  Real dogs don't have tails!



So, a fun afternoon was had by all and lots of money was raised for a great cause!  Maybe I'll see you there next year!  I'll leave you with some general photographs from the afternoon.  Woof!



Sampling from the water bowl.  What a face!

So serious!







Sad tennis ball left behind...
 See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment